(Scroll down for more images or click to enlarge)

St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven St Patrick’s Dungiven

St Patrick’s Dungiven

Restoration (Scroll down for more information)

Client Rev Fr. Aidan Mullan PP
Architect Brennan Associates
Value £800k
Contract Period 8 months

St Patrick's Church is a B2 listed building that was built between 1880 and 1899 at the South East end of Dungiven town, on the perimeter of the townlands development.

Woodvale refurbished the building in 2013 internally and externally to enhance the building and its existing facilites.

The refurbishment included repointing the existing stonework, removal and re-fixing of the storm glazing upon completion of stone repairs and minor repairs to the exisiting stained glass.

The existing slate roof was replaced with new natural slates and new rainwater goods along with structural repairs to the existing roof timbers. Additional roof insulation was installed. The external doors were repaired and upgraded.

The existing floorboards under the pews were refinished - sanded and varnished. The existing tiled floor was taken up and new Amtico flooring laid on a levelling screed.

The existing feature timber roof trusses were stripped to expose the original timber. Paint was also removed from the stone reveals and arches. The existing walls and ceilings were redecorated.

The pews were adjusted for length and cleaned and refinished. They were refixed to the floor along with new kneelers, existing sanctuary furniture was adjusted and new sanctuary furniture was provided to accommodate a new layout for the altar. New artwork was integrated to the rear of the sanctuary.

Drainage, Mechanical and Electrical services and existing siteworks were adjusted.

The church remained completely functional for all services. Disruption to the church was minimised through careful scheduling and planning: 80% of church capacity was maintained throughout and Mechanical and Electrical service adjustments were planned to allow a continuous supply to the church for all services.